Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blessing and Submission


This morning I have a short meditation from Psalm 81, to start my time with the Lord.

Psalm 81:10-12 NIV:
[10] "I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. [11] “But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. [12] So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices."

These three verses have much packed in them. First, the recognition of who God is to us. Its a sad thing that the Lord sometimes needs to remind me that He is in fact my Lord and God! I can still, at times, think I have the ability to control my own life, and know better than the Lord, what I need or should do.

Second, the Lord is where my provision comes from, not my job. His desire is to 'fill my mouth' an image of abundant provision. Sometimes the path the Lord asks me to take is illogical, but from His perspective it makes perfect sense. I need to learn to trust His perspective, over my own thoughts.

Third, we have made submission a bad word in our society. However, submission to God is recognizing that He has a better plan for my life than I could come up with, and that He is motivated by His love for me. God will not force His plan upon us, but He has a plan which He will show us if we ask Him. Listening is the first step. He wants to help us so He will speak to us!

Fourth, if we don't follow God's plan, we are left with our own plans and devices. I like to call this the school of hard knocks. This usually doesn't work out well, and ultimately has eternal consequences. If we do listen and follow His directions, He will provide abundance and blessing - Psalm 81:16 NIV: "But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

Submission to God is a good thing! Let us trust the one who created us, who died for us, and who loves us and wants to bless us!

No comments:

Post a Comment