Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Great Treasure

As I sat down this morning, I had a little bit of a 'taking my time with you lightly' attitude about taking time with You Lord, and ask Your forgiveness that I would ever think lightly of my ability to come before You and have intimate conversation! I am so grateful for Your love, mercy, guidance, and interaction! You are truly the greatest treasure of my life.

As I was writing the note above, I was reminded of the parable of the great treasure, in Matthew 13:44-46 NIV:
[44] “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. [45] “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. [46] When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."

Lord, this is how I want to live my life, like You are the greatest treasure. I want to be a Kingdom representative. I want to know the fullness of what You are calling me to do, in Your service. There should be a sense of eager anticipation when I come before the Lord, that He will speak, that He will pour out more of His Spirit, that He will guide me and give me clarity. I should be looking forward to the intimacy or being known at the depth of my soul, spirit and body.

The reality is that we are also His great treasure. He gave up all that He might bring us freedom and life, and relationship with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment