Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Simple Blessing Has A Profound Effect

I was just reading an article about a man who had abandoned his Christian beliefs to pursue paganism, and was brought back through a simple encounter as described here:

In that post, Mr. Bishop told of an encounter with a woman, probably homeless, sitting next to her shopping cart. He gave her some food. “God bless you,” she said to him. That exchange stayed with him, and he soon felt himself called back to God — to a Christian conception of God.

He earlier said, “I’m overwhelmed with thoughts of Jesus and God and Christianity and the Lord’s Prayer and compassion and forgiveness and hope. ... I don’t know what to do with all of this.”

I am so encouraged by the fruit of the simple phrase, "God Bless You!" Let us never underestimate the effect our words can have on others. Let us sow generously blessing to all those we meet.

For the whole article follow this link:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/us/an-ex-mouseketeers-journey-back-to-christianity-from-paganism.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment