Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Meditation on Psalm 97

This morning I turned to Psalm 97 for my meditation:

Psalm 97:9-12 NIV
[9] "For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.
[10] Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
[11] Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.
[12] Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name."

I love the assurances we receive as we look at these verses. God is over everything, over every being, firmly established on His throne. No one, and nothing has the power to change that. Thus, He is able to be faithful always, for He is always in His place of power. He is always capable of delivering those He calls His own, because nothing and no one can stand in His way. He shines (the Hebrew word means sows, as in grain} His light, His favor, His grace on the righteous, (those have come into relationship with Jesus and accepted His Lordship). He gives or sows joy to the upright in heart (another way of saying righteous). We are called to rejoice, to enjoy, to celebrate our lives in the Lord, for He is worthy of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment