Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

He Finishes the Good Work in Us

My meditation this morning is out of - Philippians 1:3-6, 9-11 NIV
[3] "I thank my God every time I remember you. [4] In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy [5] because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, [6] being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

[9] "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, [10] so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, [11] filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ---to the glory and praise of God."

What an encouraging word verse 6 is - that we can be "confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.". In other words, our purpose and God's plan for us is God's weight that He is carrying.  He began a good work in us, and will carry it out to completion. We need to cooperate, but the primary weight and responsibility is on Him. As long as our heart is right, we won't be able to screw it up, because He will see it through to completion.

I think of a dad teaching a child to ride a bike. When he takes the training wheels off, the father doesn't just shove the child off and sit and watch, but rather runs right along side the child, often lending a guiding hand, and keeps running alongside until its clear the child can ride. This is the image I get as I read these verses. God wouldn't call us to ride a bike and the make us figure out how to do it, and give us no help in the process, and punish us if we get it wrong. He is faithful to complete the work in us, to help us to attain our purpose and the fulfillment of His plan in us! He will complete the 'good work He began in us!'

No comments:

Post a Comment