Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Drawing Near to God

I was reading Jeremiah 30:21, "Their leader will be one of their own; their ruler will arise from among them. I will bring him near and he will come close to me— for who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?’ declares the LORD."

I was struck by the question the Lord asked - "Who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?"  He Lord is looking for those who want to be close to Him, for the one who will make the effort to be close to Him.  When He finds one, He will bring that person near.  

How do I devote myself to being close to God?  I believe the answer is prayer, communication, opening one's life, setting our priorities so we can pursue God.  All difficult in this present age f distraction and self focus.

Lord help me to devote myself to being close to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment