Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Selfishness vs The Spirit of God

Last Night I was reading Gal 5:16-17  "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want." 

As I meditated on this passage, I saw how different our perspective and selfish inclination is (The Flesh) than what God desires.  When we focus on ourselves, our tendency is towards gratifying the desires of our flesh, and this is where we get in trouble.  When our thoughts are all about 'me' we lose our ability to see things from God's perspective.  As Paul writes - they are contrary to one another. I must learn to embrace the perspective John the Baptist had - I must decrease and He (God) must increase. We must learn to look to God's Spirit for correct perspective, leaving our self-focused ways behind.

Lord help me to live by Your Spirit - changing my focus and thoughts on what You say is important, rather than what I think is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment