Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, March 21, 2011

God's Ways

I was reading Psalm 67:1-2  this morning.   It says, "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us—[b] 2 so that Your ways may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations."  I was intrigued by the wording in bold above - so that Your ways may be known.  I was reminded of Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," Declares the Lord."


I was thinking about how desperately we need to know His ways!  We look at the world and things don't make sense.  We know He could have stopped the earthquake and Tsunami.  We know He could intervene as He did in the Old Testament, causing the sea to even stop!  Yet, in His ways this is all perfectly in accordance with His purposes.


I also find it interesting that as God blesses us, and is gracious to us, that some of His ways become known to us!  We catch a glimpse of His awesomeness and love; His mercy and forgiveness; His faithfulness and gentleness.


God teach us Your ways, reveal Your ways to us!  We deeply want to know You more.

No comments:

Post a Comment