Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, March 28, 2011

Perseverance in Prayer

This weekend I was reading a book about John G. Lake, an evangelist and healer who lived in the early 1900's.  He had an awesome healing ministry in Spokane Washington, and many years of powerful ministry in South Africa.  One particular story caught my attention, that of a young woman, Louise Reniboldt, who was injured in a surgery and unable to speak for 3 1/2 years.  She went to John G. Lake's healing ministry in Spokane where they ministered to her and prayed for 26 days!  One the 26th day she was completely healed and  able to speak, where before she was unable to make even a sound.  The reason this story caught my attention was the fact that they prayed for 26 days - continuing to believe God for a miracle.  When I think of my prayers, if I pray for someone for 5 minutes - I think thats pretty good,  30 - 60 minutes would seem extensive.  But 26 Days - almost unfathomable in our microwave society!

God grant us the understanding and ability to persevere in prayer - maintaining our faith in You, believing that You are the Healer, that You are faithful, and that You Love us beyond understanding.  Help us to learn to patiently wait for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment