Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, March 3, 2011

God's Name is Good!

This morning I was reading Psalm 52 and verse 9 stood out to me.  It says, " For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good."  I was struck by this simple statement.  


This is like the old days, when a 'man's word was good', but in this case its God's name! If you study the different names of God in scripture, you get a sense of how this can be true, each time God reveals one of His names, He is also revealing part of His character.  We understand this concept by our associating people with their family name - i.e. 'Oh, you are one of those Smiths'. We know, or think we know, something a about a persons character by their name.


In this case, David is familiar with the name(s) of God and is willing to put his hope in the name of God - I guess one could say by taking Him name - because His Name is good!  Am I willing to put my hope in the name of God, and His son Jesus?  Am I willing to take on the name of God, call myself one of His family?

No comments:

Post a Comment