Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heavenly Vision

Last night I was reading Luke 9:10-17 and was thinking about how Jesus and His disciples looked at the feeding of 5000 people with a completely different perspective.  The disciples were looking at the situation from a purely earthly, natural perspective.  Jesus, on the other hand, saw the potential of the Father's power and will.  The disciples figured they needed to either send the people out to forage for themselves, or buy food themselves for the crowd.  Interestingly, the disciples didn't even have enough food for themselves, unless they were big loaves and bigger fish.  Anyway, Jesus knew that in Heaven  His Father had everything under control, and had blessings to pour out, even though it would require a miracle to see it happen.

I was thinking about how often when confronted with difficult situations (especially when I appear to be lacking myself), I am exactly like the disciples.    I am constantly trying to figure it out on my own, with what I have at hand, rather than stopping and seeing what the Father says He will do in the situation.

Lord, please help me to develop heavenly eyes - eyes that look to You first, seeing what You see, understanding what You have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment